Ms. Mika's The Writer 4 U!

This blog's where I feel free to post my creative writings, thoughts for the moment...perhaps the day, eventually pics and yes, the occasional rant; truthfully it's mostly to post my writings. I'm hoping to gain greater insight as to how I can hone my skill by means of your open and honest feed back and perhaps...who knows, with your help I could one day become the next great #1 best selling author!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

This Day in Black History: Feb. 1st

Did you know... February 1, 1960: In what would become a civil-rights movement milestone, a group of black Greensboro, N.C., college students began a sit-in at a segregated Woolworth's lunch counter. (Greensboro, N.C.) Four black students from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical College begin a sit-in at a segregated Woolworth's lunch counter. Although they are refused service, they are allowed to stay at the counter. The event triggers many similar nonviolent protests throughout the South. Six months later the original four protesters are served lunch at the same Woolworth's counter. Student sit-ins would be effective throughout the Deep South in integrating parks, swimming pools, theaters, libraries, and other public facilities. Courtesy of Infoplease.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home